Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jz5147
Frequent Visitor

DAX Calculation with multiple rules

Hi there,
I am looking create a measure "Quote Waiting Customer Review" with multiple rules.

The rules are below.
CANCELLED is a date field.
INVOICED is a date field.

LGI_MAINTENANCE is a date field.

SENT_TO_MIN is a date field.

COMPLETED is a date field.

QUOTED is a date field.
STATUS_DATE is a date linked to calender. I need to call this Var STATUS_DATE = SELECTEDVALUE(Calendar[Date]) in the DAX

COUNT where (CANCELLED is null or CANCELLED >= :STATUS_DATE)

and (INVOICED is null or INVOICED >= :STATUS_DATE)

and (LGI_MAINTENANCE is null or LGI_MAINTENANCE >= :STATUS_DATE)

and (SENT_TO_MIN is null or SENT_TO_MIN >= :STATUS_DATE)

and (COMPLETED is null or COMPLETED >= :STATUS_DATE)

and (ACCEPTED is null or ACCEPTED >= :STATUS_DATE)

and (QUOTED < :STATUS_DATE)

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jz5147 did you copy and paste my code into your PBIX and just change the table name from 'Table' to whatever your table is called?

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jz5147
Frequent Visitor

It has not been solved. Sorry i was meant to click reply and instead clicked accept as solution. Is there any way to reopen?

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @jz5147 

You can use the SWITCH function to achieve this.  

New Measure =

VAR _StatusDate = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date] )

RETURN 

SWITCH (
	TRUE () ,
		'Table'[CANCELLED] = "" || 'Table'[CANCELLED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'Table'[INVOICED] = "" || 'Table'[INVOICED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'Table'[LGI_MAINTENANCE] = "" || 'Table'[LGI_MAINTENANCE] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'Table'[SENT_TO_MIN] = "" || 'Table'[SENT_TO_MIN] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'Table'[COMPLETED] = "" || 'Table'[COMPLETED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'Table'[ACCEPTED] = "" || 'Table'[ACCEPTED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'Table'[QUOTED] < _StatusDate , 1 , 
		0 )

Using the above, you can then COUNTROWS / FILTER = 1 on the above.

Hope this helps 🙂

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

jz5147
Frequent Visitor

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your reply.

'Table'[Cancelled] 'Table'[Invoiced] etc, are all dates in the same table.

How when i write the DAX i cant seem to select or find the these fields?

Thanks

@jz5147 did you copy and paste my code into your PBIX and just change the table name from 'Table' to whatever your table is called?

jz5147
Frequent Visitor

Yeah I did

@jz5147 can you screen shot what the measure you used?

@jz5147 I am not sure how to reopen a post, but I promise I will work with you until it's resolved 🙂

jz5147
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Theo! 

Please see below

jz5147_0-1635280455753.png

jz5147_1-1635280462714.png

@jz5147 you need to change the all of the 'Table' to whatever the table name is called. For example, if the 'Table' is "AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW" then you need to replace the 'table' with "AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW". Try the below:

New Measure =

VAR _StatusDate = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date] )

RETURN 

SWITCH (
	TRUE () ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[CANCELLED] = "" || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[CANCELLED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[INVOICED] = "" || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[INVOICED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[LGI_MAINTENANCE] = "" || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[LGI_MAINTENANCE] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[SENT_TO_MIN] = "" || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[SENT_TO_MIN] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[COMPLETED] = "" || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[COMPLETED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[ACCEPTED] = "" || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[ACCEPTED] >= _StatusDate , 1 ,
		'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[QUOTED] < _StatusDate , 1 , 
		0 )

jz5147
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Theo

I understand that but even when i do this, the field [CANCELLED] ETC is greyed out and cant be select. I have checked that those fields are in the same table as where i am creating the meausre. Its actually not picking up the Field when typing the DAX

jz5147_1-1635284486154.png

@jz5147 my apologies, the screenshot has helped my understanding of the problem.  

If you were to delete the measure, then re-write it from scratch (instead of copying and pasting), are you able to see columns / fields after the Table name?  For example, if you type 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW' does it give you any columns/fields after it as options to select?

jz5147
Frequent Visitor

Hi Theo

I have also tried this, not for the same metric above and not as complex.

STRIKE RATE = VAR _StatusDate = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
RETURN

CALCULATE(COUNT('AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[ACCEPTED]),FILTER('AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW',
('AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[ACCEPTED] >= _StatusDate) && ( 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[CANCELLED] >= _StatusDate || 'AR_MANAGER BI_DASHBOARD_SRC_VW'[QUOTED] <> "null" )
))

I get this error
jz5147_0-1635283736480.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.