Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Calculate if statement

Hi, I am very new to DAX.

I have a sales table that contains the list of customers, invoices and product purchased ( daily). I want a measure that counts the number of unique customers ( customerID) who have purchased more than two units of product X in a month.

The problem is that any customer can have multiple purchases in a month hence if a customer has purchased one unit of product X in the first week and one unit in second week then he should be counted.

question.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try to create measure like DAX below.

Measure1 = var sum_quantity=CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Quantity]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales), Sales[Customer_ID] =MAX(Sales[Customer_ID])&& MONTH(Sales[Sno]) =MONTH(MAX(Sales[Sno])) &&Sales[product] =MAX(Sales[product])))

return CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Customer_ID]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales),sum_quantity>2 ))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting wrong answer with this code. The only workaround I have found is that I make a pivot table in which I put product code in Filter, Distributors in Rows, Customer Id and Quantity in Value section. Then I put SUM operation on Quantity and DISTINCTCOUNT operation on Customer ID. Then i choose Value Filter as 'Greater than or equal to' =2. Now the pivot table give me the distint count of Customers that have purchased 2 or more than 2 Product 'X' from me.post.png

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try to create measure like DAX below.

Measure1 = var sum_quantity=CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Quantity]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales), Sales[Customer_ID] =MAX(Sales[Customer_ID])&& MONTH(Sales[Sno]) =MONTH(MAX(Sales[Sno])) &&Sales[product] =MAX(Sales[product])))

return CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Customer_ID]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales),sum_quantity>2 ))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.