Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nanty
Frequent Visitor

DAX COUNT ERROR

Hello all,

So, I'm terribly stuck on this for days and I seriously need to move on. I am building a KPI's model where in the end I'll need to perform several calculations depending on conditional sums and counts. I am using columns rather than meassures but I'm open to measures too.

Here's the thing. I have a calculated column that counts the number of times the text value of the current row (column "Agente") is found within another column named "2do Agente Rec" given an extra condition where the current row under a Key column I created is given. It always pulls the wrong result  by +/- 3. The correct result (running the formula in Excel!) should be 64. I have entered my DAX expression two ways, one gives me 67 and the other one returns 61 (as you see in both results the difference always sums 3).

Another weird thing: I added a column that assigns a number 1 to each row of the table. This way, I thought, I could then prove the data within my database is correct. So I created a small table and summarized the number of 1's there are according to the fields I added to the table. It returns the correct sum: 64. So my data is correctly displayed in my project.

Here's a preview of the DAX expression, the wrong result and the small table displaying the correct field sum of 64. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Just in case you can't visualize my preview, here's the DAX expression I am using: 

RRXA = calculate(COUNTA(BD[2do agente Rec]),filter(BD,EARLIER(BD[2do agente Rec])=BD[Agente]&&EARLIER(BD[Key Vista & Cel])=BD[Vista]&BD[Celular]))

RRXA.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Do you mind to provide some sample data to try this out?

Thanks

Raj

Hello! @Anonymous here's a link to download a sample data, please consider that my table name is BD. As you will see, the total registries sums 64, and the DAX expression I am using is meant to count them but  instead I either get 67 or  61

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18lJl3TXYOnGI1_h1yQBEwPGIfRhrDax2

Let me know if you need anything

Thanks in advance,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.