Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amirhabshush

DAX Average Excluding Zero-"The end of the input was reached"

Hello, 

im trying to use this formula-

Average of SD Covered = CALCULATE( AVERAGE('Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]]), FILTER('Table1 (2)', 'Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]])<> 0 ))

but for some reason the warning "The end of the input was reached" is shown.

Can someone please help?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I took some dummy data and deduced the column name and table name from the dax you gave. As you can see, I get the correct result for the dummy data.

Aditya_Meshram_1-1629123407716.png

Regards,

Aditya

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Aditya_Meshram
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @amirhabshush 

You typed an extra bracket here. 

Aditya_Meshram_1-1629111519963.png

This error usually comes when you're missing a close parenthesis or you have too many, or some other punctuation mistake.

Regards,

Aditya

Thanks a lot for your answer Aditya @Aditya_Meshram ,

But unfortunately this bracket is a part of the value itself.

I still tried to do what you said but the following error occured:

The syntax for ')' is incorrect. (DAX(CALCULATE( AVERAGE('Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]), FILTER('Table1 (2)', 'Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)])<> 0 )))).

I pointed at the round bracket, not the square bracket, what I meant is this :

Average of SD Covered = CALCULATE( AVERAGE('Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]]), FILTER('Table1 (2)', 'Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]]<> 0 ))

Let me know if this gives the required result

hi again @Aditya_Meshram,

it still doesn't work

Average of SD Covered = CALCULATE( AVERAGE('Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]], FILTER('Table1 (2)', 'Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]]<> 0 )))

the last Parenthesis appear automatically once i click on the v.

I took some dummy data and deduced the column name and table name from the dax you gave. As you can see, I get the correct result for the dummy data.

Aditya_Meshram_1-1629123407716.png

Regards,

Aditya

Hi @amirhabshush, please try this, sorry for the inconvenience 

Average of SD Covered = CALCULATE( AVERAGE('Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]]]), FILTER('Table1 (2)', 'Table1 (2)'[SD Covered (m) [> 5.5(m/s)]]]<> 0 ))

This seems to work in my system. It would be helpful if you could give some sample data with table name and column name. 

Hi @Aditya_Meshram it worked!

thank you very much for your kind help!

Hi @amirhabshush , you are welcome, I'm glad that it worked! It would mean a lot to me if you could accept my reply as a solution.

Regards,

Aditya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.