Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Penn
Resolver I
Resolver I

DAX ALL FUNCTION

Hi Everyone,

I have a measure that returns the total number of opportunities regardless of their stages within the selected period.

Number of Opportunities = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Opportunities'[Id]), ALL('Opportunities'[Stage]), DATESBETWEEN('Opportunities'[CreatedDate], MIN('Calendar'[Date]), MAX('Calendar'[Date])))

I noticed one thing very strange. I have a table with all stages and the measure above as the value. The measure value should stay the name if I change the Stage filter as I have used a ALL function. However, when I choose Closed - Deal Abandoned, the value changed to 310.

Example.jpg

WExample 2.jpghat might be the reason for this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

this behavior is due to data distribution in your underlying table "Opportunities" and a concept called "Auto-Exist", this article explains this concept in greater detail: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/understanding-dax-auto-exist/

If you need more assistance to spot the cause for the unexpected result it will become necessary that you share your pbix file with the data.

Nevertheless, my recommendation,

• create a separate table that contains all the distinct values of the different stages
  • link this new table to your existing table "opportunities", the new table is the one side of the new relationship
  • use the new table in your measure
  • use the new table to filter your data

Hopefully, this provides some new insights.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

this behavior is due to data distribution in your underlying table "Opportunities" and a concept called "Auto-Exist", this article explains this concept in greater detail: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/understanding-dax-auto-exist/

If you need more assistance to spot the cause for the unexpected result it will become necessary that you share your pbix file with the data.

Nevertheless, my recommendation,

• create a separate table that contains all the distinct values of the different stages
  • link this new table to your existing table "opportunities", the new table is the one side of the new relationship
  • use the new table in your measure
  • use the new table to filter your data

Hopefully, this provides some new insights.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors