Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amaniramahi
Helper V
Helper V

DATESBETWEEN with ALL Function

I need to calculate Year Over Year results for the same periods

I used the following code

YOY% = 
var UptoDate = MAX('Monthly Reg Data'[Sales Month])
var CY = Year(UptoDate)
var PY = CY-1
var CYSales = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Monthly Reg Data'[Qty]),
    DATESBETWEEN('Monthly Reg Data'[Sales Month],DATE(CY,1,1),UptoDate)
)
var PYSales = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Monthly Reg Data'[Qty]),
    FILTER(ALL('Monthly Reg Data'[Sales Month]),YEAR('Monthly Reg Data'[Sales Month])=PY),
    DATESBETWEEN('Monthly Reg Data'[Sales Month],DATE(PY,1,1),DATE(PY,MONTH(UptoDate),1))
)
return
CYSales/PYSales

but it keeps returning PYSales as blank, because the filter I use for Sales Month (which is a Date Column)

I tried to use ALL function to undo the filter effect on the PYSales Calculation portion only but it didnt work.

Please Help 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amaniramahi
Helper V
Helper V

Sorry, It was my mistake 

I figured it out

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amaniramahi
Helper V
Helper V

Sorry, It was my mistake 

I figured it out

Mikelytics
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amaniramahi ,

Did you try working with TOTALYTD and SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR?

totalYTD = TOTALYTD(SUM(fact_table_m[Sales]),'Date'[Date],ALL('Date'[Date]),"12/31")

total_YTD_previous_year = TOTALYTD(SUM(fact_table_m[Sales]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]),ALL('Date'[Date]),"12/31")

YTD.PNG

 I hope this is the expected result.

Best regards

Mikelytics

Did I solve your request? PLease mark my post as solution.

Appreciate your Kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!

Thank you but that did not solve the problem.

I still have PYSales as Blank

Date column i am using in time int. functions is the same column i am using in the the slicer.

so I need to remove its effect on PYSales variable calculation only using ALL function but I stil dont know how to use it.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amaniramahi for any time intelligence add date dimension in your model and then perform all-time intelligence calculation from that table and that is the issue with your measure. You can add date dimension using my blog post.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.