Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToddMate
Helper II
Helper II

DATEADD Function Not Working

Hi,

I am having all sorts of troubles for something that should be easy.

I have a date column, and i simply want to add the number of months shown in another column to the original date.

The Date is in a table called X_Services, the Additional months i want to add is from a related table called "Promo_Months".

In the table X_Services i have the promo_months value show via the related function. Not sure if this is what's causing the issue.

I am using the DATEADD function to no avail, can anyone shed some light on how to successfully achieve this.

I did this and got the result on one occassion, but mysteriously only where the additional months value of 2 was shown .. the rest didn't show?

Date.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@ToddMate  hi can you share some data (not in pic format, text format) from both tables

and also provide the calculations you are using.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@ToddMate  hi can you share some data (not in pic format, text format) from both tables

and also provide the calculations you are using.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Hi @vanessafvg 

I've sorted it out, thanks for your offer of assistance though.

@ToddMate  great what was the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.