Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DATE RANGE LOOKUP

Hello everyone,

I have two tables like the example below. I want to look up the Campaign into my Product table by the condition that the Launch date is in the period of a Campaign.

I want to use LOOKUPVALUE in DAX but dont know how.

Can we use DAX or another way to solve it?

Thank you

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
iamprajot
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here it is, Create a Calculated Column
= CALCULATE(VALUES(Campaign[Campaign]),FILTER(Campaign,'Product'[Launch Date]<Campaign[Stop] && 'Product'[Launch Date]>Campaign[Start]))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
iamprajot
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here it is, Create a Calculated Column
= CALCULATE(VALUES(Campaign[Campaign]),FILTER(Campaign,'Product'[Launch Date]<Campaign[Stop] && 'Product'[Launch Date]>Campaign[Start]))
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to do something similar and for some reason i cannot use the column from the second table in the formula although they have a relationship that is active

Hi,

Share a dataset and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Asish, All,

I am facing a similar problem but also failed to implent the suggested solution as I wasn't allows to use my second table in the FILTER formula.

Here my situation. In a nutstell I would like to look-up exchange rates from my table "Dated Conversion Rate" in order to transform my amounts in the Opportunity table into a standard currency (Euro in this case).

Rakshasa_0-1647715415463.png

My experiemts got me to something like:

ER = CALCULATE(VALUES('Dated Conversion Rate'[ConversionRate],FILTER('Dated Conversion Rate','Dated Conversion Rate'[StartDate] < Opportunity[ClosedDate]...

but here PowerBI didn't let my CloseDate from the Opportunity get pulled into the equation.

These two tables do not have a relationship but looking at the original example this also wasn't the case there so hopefully this isn't the problem (if it is I am not sure what to do as I don't really have a nice key due to the nature of my date ranges in the conversion table).

Any help is hightly appreciated.

Sascha.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it just was a silly bracket issue. This formula appears to work just fine:

Exchange Rate = CALCULATE(VALUES('Dated Conversion Rate'[ConversionRate]),FILTER('Dated Conversion Rate','Dated Conversion Rate'[StartDate] <= Opportunity[CloseDate] && 'Dated Conversion Rate'[IsoCode] = Opportunity[CurrencyIsoCode] && 'Dated Conversion Rate'[NextStartDate] > Opportunity[CloseDate]))

Sascha.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.