Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ilayarajav

D365 Operations content pack with live instance

Dear Team,

Can anyone suggest how to connect the content pack with D365 Operations Enterprise edition. Please find below steps I followed

Setp 1: I have downloaded the content pack from LCS

Step 2: Installed the Power BI desktop in Remote desktop of Dev/Sandbox. Changed the datasource to local server and published through enterprise gate way.

My question how to follow the above step for Live instance where we dont have Remote connectivity to the server, how can I change the data source setting. 

Appreicate if you some one can help me on this. 

Regards,

Ilayaraja

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ilayarajav,

Setp 1: I have downloaded the content pack from LCS

What does the content pack contain? Please provide more information about such a content pack downloaded from LCS.

Step 2: Installed the Power BI desktop in Remote desktop of Dev/Sandbox. Changed the datasource to local server and published through enterprise gate way.

Why do you need to install Power BI desktop in remote desktop? What is the data source in your scenario? And where you want to publish file to via gateway?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear,

I hope the D365 Operations Power BI content pack (For an example Financial performance from LCS) can be open only by Power BI desktop and publish to power BI online through enterprise gateway. We can able to connect only if power BI desktop in server as per some forum. In case of Live instance MS dont provide RDP connection to Live.

Do you have any other options to establish connection between Live database.   

Raja

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.