Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveCope
Frequent Visitor

D365 Entity Store Relationships

Hi

I am working with a new client and for the first time I need to create some embedded reports using Power BI within D365 Finance & Operations. 

I have sucesfully linked the Entity Store to Power BI desktop but I am having trouble figuring out which entities I need to include in my report and how they are all related. Is there any documentation anywhere that shows a data / relationship model of the standard entities?

I've tried to use some of the pre-built content / apps but can't seem to find where to download the pbix file from to able to utilise the model setup in there?

I have not workd with D365 before so apologies if I have missed something obvious

Any help would be much appreciated

Dave

5 REPLIES 5
Shireen

Hi @DaveCope.

This post seems to be from a few years back. But I face the same issue right now.

Did you figure out which entites contain the data that we need to build the report with? Unfortunately, not all D365 'dataentities' show up in the Power BI list after I connect to the data source.

Any leads here will be much appreciated. 

Matteoaba
Frequent Visitor

Hi @DaveCope,

you can download power bi content pack PBIX files from https://lcs.dynamics.com, under shared asset library, power bi report model.

Matteo

Hi Matteo

I have never been into the LCS before, so apologies for my ignorance, but when I login in I see the following with no content showing??

Capture.JPG

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DaveCope,

Here is a document to help you understand data model.

I've tried to use some of the pre-built content / apps but can't seem to find where to download the pbix file from to able to utilise the model setup in there?

For content/apps, we can view reports inside them on service, while it is not supported to download correponding .pbix file.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft thanks for the reply and link

Whilst there is no way to download the .pbix file is there any way we can see the underlying entities and relationships used to create the report? I am finding it really hard to get to grips with which entites contain the data I need to build the reporting requirements of the user

Thanks

Dave

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.