Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Greg_Davurse
Helper I
Helper I

D365 Business Central Refresh Error: Desktop and Service

Hi All, 

I've been fighting a refresh error in the Desktop and Service. I've connected to D365 Business Central via Odata and I'm pulling in two seperte tables. After I have the tables in, I get them in the format i need via Query Editor (remove, rename, expand, etc) and then append the two together. When I created the first instance of the report, it worked fine; however, now I seem to be getting a (400) Bad Request error, stating "(Sorry, we just updated this page. Reopen it and try again).' - See below for details. 

Also, when in the Service, I try and refresh, but it gives me an error saying 'Column' can't be found, but I know for sure it is in the dataset. 

I'm at a complete loss at this point, as I've even tried re-creating a whole new report, but I'm still having the same issue. Any help/advice is much appreciated. 

Error_Desktop.PNG

Service Error: 

Error_service.PNG

Thanks - Greg

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Greg_Davurse,

Since you are using the Odata to connect to D365 Business Central. I would suggest you to try the built-in D365 Business Central connector in Power BI directly. See if the error persists.

Then for the error, I would recommend you use Fiddler to monitor the Http traffic between Power BI Desktop and Dynamics 365, and check what is going on in the background.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi @v-xjiin-msft

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately I am still receiving the erro when using the D365 Business Central connector. 

I'm not familiar with Fiddler. Any advice on what I should be looking for in regards to the error in order to trouble shoot?

Thanks, 

Greg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.