Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

teolachev
Helper II
Helper II

Cutoff Windows in PBI Desktop

Did anyting change in the Feb 2021 build of PBI Desktop with regards to resizing/scaling popups? The text is cut off and buttons are missing. Even the logo is off. My displays are set up for 150% scaling but I've never seen this issue before.

thracian_1-1614199813453.png

thracian_0-1614199724360.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @teolachev,

What is your version of power bi?

Is this an occasional occurrence or a persistent issue?

I happened to encounter a similar situation when using an older version.

v-xulin-mstf_0-1614245739652.png

You can try to update to newest version and check if it works.

Best Regards,

Link

Well, regretfully I need to undo the solution. For a few days it was working fine with the new Windows profile I created. But today the issue came back again. I've noticed that Power BI Desktop updated to the March build yesterday (I'm on the early insider build which I get automatically from MS Store).

Since I don't have issues with other apps, it looks like this this is a Power BI Desktop issue related to font autoscalling. Any pointers of how to fix it? 

Never mind, it appears to be caused by a corrupted Winodows profile. I created a new one and the issue went away.

teolachev
Helper II
Helper II

Here is another one upon opening the desktop. Tried uninstall (I install PBI Desktop from MS Store) and install but no fix. Not sure if it's related to the graphics issue. At least for this one, there is a resolution by running PBI Desktop under admin.

thracian_0-1614205100271.png

teolachev
Helper II
Helper II

100% scaling works but my high-resolution display makes text very small (see below). What got changed with custom scaling in the latest build?

thracian_0-1614200468480.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe it has something to with your computer, i just change my scaling to 150% and seem to be fine.

TMaybe try updating graphic driver.

ladyhaley_0-1614202069910.png

Still works with popup windows, such as Conditional Formating?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, just huge popup 😛

ladyhaley_0-1614203386874.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using with 100% scaling and it's fine. Have you tested that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.