Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeilRoss
Frequent Visitor

Cut and paste visual

Hi I am trying to paste a visual from dashboard in the service to a word document but reaslised that it only seems to copy the visual with a white background which means that when the visual is pasted, the actual background is shown as white and text on the visual which is white can no longer be seen. Are there any plans that will allow the actual impage to be copied including all the visual formatting?

5 REPLIES 5
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@NeilRoss are you using this feature:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-copy-paste
And are you coping from a report or dashboard? (Sometimes people refer to a report as dashboard)

it doesnt seem to matter which. when i paste the visual from either a report or a dashboard the image copied does not retain all the original visualisation formatting e.g. background colour

@NeilRoss yep I had to check. You are right 🙂 and I can't find a refernce to it in the doc.

Seems a bit limited that it doesn't retain original formatting 

Yep, agree

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.