Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kds1113
Helper I
Helper I

Customized Order for Rows or Columns

I'm having similar issues on 2 reports I'm creating. 

In the first, I need to display the rows in a specific orders, as well as the items in the slicer that displays across the top of the report.  

report 1: 

Kds1113_0-1670017363070.png

In the second, I simply want to display the column headers in a specific order.   

Report 2: 

Kds1113_1-1670017457275.png

I searched the forum on this topic and followed the advice given here.   I think the reason in may not be working is because I have multiple items displaying under rows, but I don't know what steps to take to work around this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kds1113 ,

I have created a simple sample, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Add an conditional column in Power Query.

vpollymsft_0-1670219653150.png

Then put the fields into the matrix. Click the Fund source column.

vpollymsft_1-1670219746714.png

Finally sort the Fund source column by Custom.

vpollymsft_2-1670219758677.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kds1113 ,

Do you want to change the rank in the data?  Sorting of the data interface is the default. We cannot change it. But you can change it in the visual .

Select a matrix.

vpollymsft_0-1670481767515.png

vpollymsft_1-1670481767683.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft Thanks, I figured out what i was doing wrong.  I was changing the sort by columns from the data section, not realizing that it is available in the report section by clicking on the field name in the fields menu.  Settingthe order on that way worked perfectly. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kds1113 ,

I have created a simple sample, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Add an conditional column in Power Query.

vpollymsft_0-1670219653150.png

vpollymsft_1-1670219746714.png

vpollymsft_2-1670219758677.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

@v-rongtiep-msft , One thing I noticed from your second screenshot.... it appears as though you click on the source column directly from the report view and then the column tool menu appears across the top.  This is not the case for me.  In order to access the column tool, I need to switch to the data view.

I spent a bunch of time anonymizing my data into only to find I don't have the ability to attach a .pbix file.  I'm not allowed to use dropbox or any of those other services. So in the absence of a sample file, below are some additional screenshots I hope will help.

The screenshot below is for Summary Report 2, which most closely aligns with the sample file you provided:

Kds1113_0-1670258902105.png

Screenshot of Data view.  There is also a RowOrder column that obstructed by the "Sort by Column" menu.

Kds1113_3-1670259373477.png

Desired Output:

Kds1113_5-1670260198525.png

The following screenshot is of Summary Report 1.  For this one, I also need to customize the way in which the sources are displayed in the slicer.  

Kds1113_1-1670259080075.png

Desired output: 

Kds1113_4-1670260149030.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Teach your users how to use the "Personalize visuals" feature.  Much simpler, and much more powerful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.