Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customize time axis in a chart

Hello everyone,

My data is captured from a  machine, starting time of the day for my data is obviously at 12:00 am but the working shifts starts at 06:00 am and I would like to have time based chart to start from 06:00 am today and finish 05:59:30 am on the day after to show 24hr performance. How can i change the starting point of time in x axis to start at 06:00 am instead of 12:00 am? the snapshot of my chart is as below:

Chart starts at 12:00 amChart starts at 12:00 am

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards

Parisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have to create a time table and create a sort column that will be lowest for 6 AM.

https://kohera.be/blog/power-bi/how-to-create-a-time-table-in-power-bi-in-a-few-simple-steps/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have to create a time table and create a sort column that will be lowest for 6 AM.

https://kohera.be/blog/power-bi/how-to-create-a-time-table-in-power-bi-in-a-few-simple-steps/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amitchandak.

Thanks for your reply, the solution worked actually.

regards

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous - Sorry this is not possible directly in your graph.

You need to do a bit of Transformation/Power Query.

Create a new Table with 4 rows:

Time         CustomSort

6:00 AM     1

12:00 PM    2

6:00 PM     3

12:00 AM   4

Join your actual table time with this new table.

In your graph, use this new table time and CustomSort Column in tooltip and sort your graph based on this column.

Hope this help, Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Namish, thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that my data is being captured every 30 secs and defining 4 categories will not display the whole 24 hr. I did define custom order for all 24 hr and it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.