Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iron_dinges
Helper II
Helper II

Customize highlighting for selected row in table visual

On the Table visual, when a row is selected by clicking on it, all other rows in the table become faded.

See below:

selected row.png

Question: is it possible to customize how the selected and unselected rows are formatted?

For example, I would like to have row A above be highlighted in a light blue background when selected, and for rows B and C to remain with default formatting - that is, not faded.

I am not asking about field formatting. I am aware that I can specifically highlight a row using field and/or conditional formatting, but that does not allow me to change the formatting based on what is selected on that same table, as I have described above.

I have floated the idea of having a separate slicer to control selection, but my users prefer the current method.

My use case is as follows: a have a report in which products are analysed one by one. All of the products appear in a Table visual, sorted by some value related to that product. All other visuals on the page are cross-filered by this table visual. So the user experience with using this report is to click on a product in the product table visual (which cross-filters the rest of the page), do their analysis and make decisions, then click on the next product and repeat. A slicer is not suitable for this because a slicer would only show one dimension, and no value columns.

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iron_dinges  ,

As far as I know this cannot be done.My idea is still implemented through the slicer.

vluwangmsft_0-1626943623395.png

I provide my pbix file and wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi Lucien,

Thank you for the effort, I appreciate it.

However, as I stated in the opening post, I am aware that it can be done using conditional formatting. But due to user requirements, the use of a slicer is not feasible in this instance.

It is important that the visual that does the filtering or slicing also show relevant information that can be sorted, which a slicer does not allow us to do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors