Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

Customize Series Data Labels

I have my desktop report set up to show data labels on one item but not another in multiple visuals. When published to BI Web, it shows all of the data labels, even those I don't want. When I try to "edit report" in BI Web, it won't let me turn the data labels off indivudually.

has anyone encountered this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Makassi
Frequent Visitor

Today I also saw that the labels for the 'Customized series' are visible and I can't get them off anymore. In desktop-dev everything is normal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my company is currently experiencing this situation too.  On Monday, 4/22/19, some pinned visuals on a dashboard mysteriously gained data labels that had previously been removed via the customize series option in data labels.  This happened on a line and stacked column chart.  We have always had the line value data labels turned off but now they can't be removed.  The column labels don't seem to have the same issue.  We re-published the report from Power BI Desktop (without labels on some series) and the service continues to show all data labels.

4/26 Edit: Our dashboards and reports in the service were back to looking normal on Wednesday 4/24.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.