Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gng
Frequent Visitor

Customers who have NOT bought a product

Hello! I am trying to build this report where I have to identify customers who have NOT bought a particular product but has bought other products.

I have attached an example spreadsheet which Customer, Item and Sales tables. Objective is to dynamically select an item from a slicer and the resulting table should give Customers who have NOT bought that item with a Total Sales Amount (from other products) in descending order.

ExampleProblem.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gng,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new measure, then show it on a Table visual with Sales[Customer ID] column on the report to get your expected result.

Measure =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Items[Item] ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sales[Sales] ),
        FILTER (
            Sales,
            NOT ( CONTAINS ( Sales, Sales[Item], VALUES ( Items[Item] ) ) )
        )
    ),
    SUM ( Sales[Sales] )
)

Note: make sure there is no any relationship between the Item table and Sales table.

r2.PNG

Here is the sample pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bkwohls
Helper I
Helper I

Has anyone found the solution to the Multiple Products question posed above?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gng,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new measure, then show it on a Table visual with Sales[Customer ID] column on the report to get your expected result.

Measure =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Items[Item] ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sales[Sales] ),
        FILTER (
            Sales,
            NOT ( CONTAINS ( Sales, Sales[Item], VALUES ( Items[Item] ) ) )
        )
    ),
    SUM ( Sales[Sales] )
)

Note: make sure there is no any relationship between the Item table and Sales table.

r2.PNG

Here is the sample pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

Very nice solution. How can adapt it if i want to see customers who did not buy more than one specific product?

Because with this solution, when i select more than one product, It doesn't work 

Hello @v-ljerr-msft ,

How would I include a date slicer, which when selected, customers who didin't buy the selected product within that period showed up in the list?

Thank you!

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

With your help, I am able to get Sales Amount for a customer who didnt order a specific product. Is there a way to calculate Sales for specific product(s) for a customer who didnt order another specific product?

In this example, show only those customers who bought either "x" or "w" but not "v".

Thanks for your time and help!

Hi @v-ljerr-msft 

This solution works great. I really appreciate your help and time.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.