Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srl01
Helper II
Helper II

Customer segmentation mix over time

I'm working with a sales transaction dataset with unique customer IDs for each customer, and want to graph customer segments overtime (defined various ways, but to start off I want to split into 2 segments - HighFrequencyCustomers, who have move than 6 transactions in the previous 12 months, and then all the rest).

TransactionsLast12Months = calculate(distinctcount(SalesRawData[TransactionCode]),filter(SalesRawData,SalesRawData[customerCode]<=max(SalesRawData[customerCode])),filter(all('Calendar'[Date]),'Calendar'[Date]>max('Calendar'[Date])-365 && 'Calendar'[Date]<=max('Calendar'[Date])))

IsHighFrequencyCustomer = [TransactionsLast12Months]>6

So far so good.
But how do I use the IsHighFrequencyCustomer as a filter or axis to be able to show the change over time in the mix between these two customer groups?

Would greatly appreciate guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@srl01 wrote:

I'm working with a sales transaction dataset with unique customer IDs for each customer, and want to graph customer segments overtime (defined various ways, but to start off I want to split into 2 segments - HighFrequencyCustomers, who have move than 6 transactions in the previous 12 months, and then all the rest).

TransactionsLast12Months = calculate(distinctcount(SalesRawData[TransactionCode]),filter(SalesRawData,SalesRawData[customerCode]<=max(SalesRawData[customerCode])),filter(all('Calendar'[Date]),'Calendar'[Date]>max('Calendar'[Date])-365 && 'Calendar'[Date]<=max('Calendar'[Date])))

So far so good.
But how do I use the IsHighFrequencyCustomer as a filter or axis to be able to show the change over time in the mix between these two customer groups?

@srl01

It is not possible to put a measure to axis. To show the change over time, you can put calendar dates as X-axis and create two measures in a linechart. 

HighFrequencyCustomer = calculate( [some expression], FILTER('table',IsHighFrequencyCustomer))

NonHighFrequencyCustomer = calculate( [some expression], FILTER('table',NOT(IsHighFrequencyCustomer)))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@srl01 wrote:

So far so good.

@srl01

It is not possible to put a measure to axis. To show the change over time, you can put calendar dates as X-axis and create two measures in a linechart. 

HighFrequencyCustomer = calculate( [some expression], FILTER('table',IsHighFrequencyCustomer))

NonHighFrequencyCustomer = calculate( [some expression], FILTER('table',NOT(IsHighFrequencyCustomer)))

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.