Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Digger
Post Patron
Post Patron

CustomForecast

I have data source like

Digger_0-1643100717836.png

with multiples codes

I need make measure which should do something like that

Digger_1-1643100771781.png

Fomula:  If Percent >=10 then predict each next month goes by 15 percent until get 100

Digger_2-1643100856010.png

So how to write measure to achive that?

I found this article http://blog.gbrueckl.at/2015/04/recursive-calculations-powerpivot-dax/ it partialy that what i want but problem is there are no PBX file only DAX inside Xlsx and i cant move measures to PBI as they not work

First prolem with @SergKolomiets  example, is what showing empty column without data

Digger_0-1643986038347.png

And Sums not goes to each month, so i cant multiply sum of all dates grouped by code by percentage

Digger_1-1643986211096.png

https://file.io/y2wvQ49hNe6q

5 REPLIES 5
SergKolomiets

Good afternoon. There are two tables that are not related to each other: the Date calendar and the Base source table. The measure is as follows:

SergKolomiets_0-1643859986567.png

@SergKolomiets  T.y. good try but it not work with relations enabled, ineed relation between Base[date] and Date[Date]

SergKolomiets_0-1644888265748.png

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Digger 

The logic here is not too difficult to implement.But just curious how you would like to display in Power BI to get the results.Add a column for each month up to the maximum date, like in the image above? Or generate a forecast trend for each month on a line chart?

Please share more details about what you want to achieve with PowerBI

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-angzheng-msft   I want put measure to values and date in columns on axis will be code, everything in matrix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.