Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sasha
Helper III
Helper III

Custom visuals

Hi all,

just seen some nice custom visuals were added in October.

I updated my desltop version but can't see the visuals.

Is this for service product only?

Alex

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello @Sasha

Just go to below link

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals&page=1&src=office&co...

From here download any visuals you like into your computer. Then click "import from file" and you are good to go.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Hey,

you can create a Power BI account without any charges.

You need either a workaccount, a school or university account (email) to use custom visuals.

If your company is on O365 you can use your company account. Is your company is not on O365 you should avoid using your company account, this indeed becomes tricky.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

the new custom visuals that have been added with the October release of Power BI Dekstop (PBID) are available, but have to be imported from the Marketplace into PBID file ...

image.png

image.png

In the next dialog you can search for a certain visual and add the visual to your PBID file

image.png

Using the build-in navigation from PBID opens the Microsoft's App Source, that you can also open using this link:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/de-de/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals App Source provides the possiblity to download the custom visuals. Plese be aware that some organizations do not allow the use of custom visuals in the service.

Almost all custom visuals are available free of charge, some have to be licensed to provide their full capabilities, and some are not available via app source, like the great visual from Zebra BI https://zebrabi.com/

Hopefully this will be of any help!

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Do Microsoft check for potential security issues with custom visualizations (those they present in the store)?

Can I use it on my personal PC without any concerns?

Hi @Sasha

Usually the custom visuals on Microsoft store are security cleared. I am using them for a while now and did not have any issue. Final confirmation should be from Microsoft though.

Cheers

Thanks!

But whenever I do this it asks me for my corporation account.

I work on it at home

What can I do?

Hey,

you can create a Power BI account without any charges.

You need either a workaccount, a school or university account (email) to use custom visuals.

If your company is on O365 you can use your company account. Is your company is not on O365 you should avoid using your company account, this indeed becomes tricky.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you all!

It's very helpful!

Hello @Sasha

Just go to below link

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals&page=1&src=office&co...

From here download any visuals you like into your computer. Then click "import from file" and you are good to go.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.