Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GeorgiShopov

Custom visuals are disappearing

Hello,

Recently I started exploring Power BI and I really enjoy the flow of the software. I still learn how to do anything I can do with other softwares and what I am reporting here may be my miss, so please excuse me if it is.

I've downloaded some custom visualizations from the Visuals library and imported them in Power BI. The next time I launched Power BI there was no sign of those visuals - they were all gone. I've added them again, quit the program and then launched it - all custom visuals were gone again. Then I found out that if I import some visuals, then save the project and then open it again - the visuals are there. 

Can please someone share if there is another way or if this is intended because of security reasons Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

George

9 REPLIES 9
rjones
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Word Cloud which is also by Microsoft. I'm up to date on PBI desktop client. I added word cloud, published it to service. The word cloud is still there online but not in my desktop client. I had to have saved it in order to publish. Two days in a row I've had to redownload it from app store. I don't have any other custom visualizations loaded. 

Mkts
Frequent Visitor

Hi @GeorgiShopov

FYI, it happened in my power bi desktop :

Release:
June 2022

Product Version:
2.106.883.0 (22.06) (x64)

But the problem went away when I reopened the pbix file.

Maybe it happened because I imported too many custom visuals that I don't use.
So I removed the unused custom visuals.

Mkts_0-1659062029120.png

Update: The problem is still there after I removed the unused custom visuals

Sincerely,

Oviedityanto

EliaspJR
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem with this look, it disappears and only appears if I reload the page.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@GeorgiShopov

As I tested, when you import the custom visual in Power BI Desktop, you need to save changes. Then this custom visual control will always appear under visualization pane even you don't create any custom visual in your report.

Regards,

Hey, hello

I've done that. Power BI asked me to save the changes when I was closing it. However when I launched it again they were not there. Or do you mean something else?

@GeorgiShopov

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? I'm using latest version: 2.40.4554.421 64-bit (October 2016). You can download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Regards,

I am running the latest version of MS Power BI. And I am constantly experiencing different bugs so I will leave it alone for the moment. The idea that Microsoft can offer full cycle of tools and environment is wonderful but not so useful with so many bugs and distortions in the data manipulation. And I am not talking for Power BI only. Things should be intuitive and easy and most importantly - trustworthy. I want to use software which allows me invest my energy into data manipulation processes, not software problems and how to fix them. That's why I avoid coding. It may not look like big issue but the human mind is much more capable of anything when even minor distractions can be minimized.

I will give Power BI another shot, later these months. So, good luck for now. In case you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me. 

@v-sihou-msft I also seem to have a disappearing problem. The Power BI Desktop report won't let me add a Mapbox visual because it's "already there" (I did in fact install it previously from the marketplace successfully), but it will no longer show as one of the options in the visuals gallery. It also won't show as an option when selecting "delete custom visual" from the visuals gallery. I had installed it and published a report with the mapbox visual, but today it suddenly disappeared as a visual in the report and as an option in the visuals gallery of the report. I have also restarted Power BI to no avail. It's a fairly complex report with many data sources so I'd rather not redo it from scratch.

Any ideas as to how to solve this? Thanks

dxhansen
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Do you have to import your custom visuals for each report you create? Isnt there some way for the custom visuals to be a perminate part of the available visuals?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.