Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom visual not rendering

Hello, 

I've modified an existing visual (Enhanced Scatter by Microsoft) and I'm able to package and import the visual into my Power Bi dashboard. Although my added fields appear, the visual does not render when I place values into the chart. I also tried just changing the GUID and packaging, which results in the same error. 

I'm using the January 2019 version of Power Bi desktop and I've downgraded my API version to 3.0.7 in hopes that the versions are compatible with each other.

Is there any way to fix this issue or is my best bet to just create a visual from scratch? 

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you describe the information of additional field and the error message if don't have any Confidential Information?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft,

I've added a Shape Outline Color field to the Enhanced Scatter chart by Microsoft, which ideally should change the outline color of the shapes plotted in the chart depending on the group (ex. Group1 will have a blue border, Group2 will be green, etc.). I don't technically get any errors, but the chart visual does not render after it is done packaging. Capture7.PNG

I've tested with the marketplace version to ensure that I use the correct fields to get my desired display as well as confirm that the error is probably somewhere in my code.

Capture8.PNG

The field appears under the Visualizations tabs successfully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.