Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pawelj795
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Custom visual Card - with change from last value

Hi,
Currently, I am working on a marketing dashboard and I want to display a card which gonna show current value with additional change value from last value.

The desired result would like something like below.

pawelj795_0-1595862551365.png

(This is a usual Microsoft card visualization edited).

Is there any custom visual that will help with my problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pawelj795 ,

Based on my research, you can try to use 'Ultimate KPI Card Free' custom visual to meet part of your requirement:

KPI.png

You can change the value size, reference size and color in the format pane:

value size.pngref1 size.pngcolor.png

If you think this visual is not helpful to you, perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pawelj795 ,

Based on my research, you can try to use 'Ultimate KPI Card Free' custom visual to meet part of your requirement:

KPI.png

You can change the value size, reference size and color in the format pane:

value size.pngref1 size.pngcolor.png

If you think this visual is not helpful to you, perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yingjl 
That is exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks!

One question though, is there any way to remove background with web address(datavis.bout) with free version?
Maybe exist some workaround?

Hi @pawelj795 ,

Since this is a custom visual, basic Features are free. Once advanced features are used, a watermark will appear. With the Setting “revert to default” the watermark will be removed again. To remove the Watermark, order your Trial License: license@dataviz.boutique or visit https://dataviz.boutique/2019/01/14/ultimate-kpi-card/

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pawelj795 , You can display these value and combine the using group visual

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-grouping-visuals

One shows the current value. Other one shows changed value

for conditional formatting take color example

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/FORMAT-icon-set-for-use-in-a-data-card/td-p/811692

affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @pawelj795 

What I have understood from your question is that you want to display a visual with last value + additional amount. 

You do not need a custom visual for this, just create a measure for this and place it on the "Card" visual.

Your measure can be something like below:

Measure = 
var _contacts = here you can enter the calculation for calculating the value of 999 as shown by you in question
var _newcontacts= here you can enter the calculation for the value of additional 4 contacts

Return 

_contacts & "+" & _newcontacts

Affan-Visual.png

If you need further help on this do let me know.

If this helped you, please mark this post as an accepted solution and like to give KUDOS .

Regards,

Affan Farooqi
Dynamics Practice Lead | Dynamics Solution and Technology   | Microsoft Dynamics Partner UAE & Saudi Arabia

LinkedIn

@affan 

Yes, that is what I want.
However, I also need conditional formatting like my above example (green color and smaller font size of additional increase)

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@pawelj795 why not use KPI visual which can show increase or decrease.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.