Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tzake
Frequent Visitor

Custom tooltip visibility and performance

Hey,

I have a report with a matrix set to show a custom tooltip.

The tooltip has a card that is bound to a text column in the fact table.

https://www.screencast.com/t/2zLBSObgMaY

2019-02-07_1659

This works okay, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any way not to show the entire tooltip if the text is blank?

2. On the same page, I have a card visual bound exactly to the same column (or measure - have tried both). The tooltip renders just fine, but the card on the page throws the "There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available." error. I would chose this approach when doing mobile reports as the tooltips do not work on mobile. What am I doing wrong? (the dataset behind is quite big, but the tooltip does not seem to care)

Thanks,

Mihai

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @tzake,

#1, Nope, you can't control the visibility of tooltip pages.

#2,I'm not so suggest not add too complex expression or calculation with huge looping in custom tooltip pages. This feature is similar as a quick reference from another page,  so if you enable tooltip on a visual with huge amount of records, the calculation of formula will multiply a lot of times.(it may caused the memory issue which you mentioned)

BTW, what type of desktop client you used? If you mean 32 bit, I'd like to suggest you use 64 bit to instead. It will unlock more memory resource for calculation.(32 bit application has 2G memory limit)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.