Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NenadV
Helper III
Helper III

Custom tooltip on running total line chart

I want to create report with slicer, line chart that shows running total and also I want to add custom tooltip that shows running total on that particular day to that line chart. Problem is that whenever I put my mouse on line chart it filters out just that one day and my tooltip shows wrong value. So my question is: Is there a way I can forward all dates filtered by slicer to the measure that is shown in tooltip, instead forwarding just that one day that is filtered by mouse point? I looked at DAX functions documentation but I cant find function that fits my needs.  

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing similar issue. Did you get the solution for this issue 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing exactly same isssue. Did you get the solution for this problem ?

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NenadV ,

Try to create a tooltip page and synchronize the slicer. Instead of hovering over a data point, click on the data point to check if this tooltip can meet your needs.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NenadV 

3 solution I can think of:

- create another date column and use that on that tooltip, turn on keep all filters back on, it will not filter on the date

- maybe whatever filter you used in the slicer, you need to add those in the drill down part on the tooltip page or 

- or turn of keep all filter, sync slicer with the tooltip page, but hide these slicers on the tooltip page, so it will pass the slicer value to tooltip

Try it and let me know what works.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

for first solution I am not sure that I understand what was your point

I tried second solution and it is not working

and for last one, now I successfuly forwarded slicer filter to the tooltip, but I can not get reference to the date hovered by mouse point

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NenadV on tooltip page, turn off Keep all filters and then try.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Now it ignores slicer filters. It is showing running total from first date until last date in Date table.

I want to ignore only date filter that is set by pointing my mouse over line chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.