Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PshemekFLK
Helper IV
Helper IV

Custom tooltip not working for grand total

Hello,

I have problems figuring out why the custom tooltip is not working for the Grand Total for the new measure ("Gap to Plan") in my matrix table.

The table shows Gap to Plan in dollar value by product category:

PB1.PNG 

If I drag the mouse over the dollar value it shows the custom tooltip that I built:

PB2.jpg

This doesn't work however for Total where it still shows the default tooltip:

PB4.jpg

Interesting thing is that if I add "Region" to the rows or columns then custom tooltip also works for Grand Total. Why is this happening? 

The "Gap To Plan" measure is defined by this formula:

Gap To Plan =
 IF(HASONEVALUE('VLookup category'[Category])=FALSE(),SUM('Country_Actual_(OBI)'[Actual]) - SUM('Bi ready'[Plan]),
  CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Country_Actual_(OBI)'[Actual] ),
        FILTER ( 'Country_Actual_(OBI)', 'Country_Actual_(OBI)'[Category]=SELECTEDVALUE('VLookup category'[Category]) )

)
        - CALCULATE (
            SUM ( 'Bi ready'[Plan] ),
            FILTER ( 'Bi ready', LOOKUPVALUE('VLookup category'[Category],'VLookup category'[PFam],'Bi ready'[Pfam])=SELECTEDVALUE('VLookup category'[Category]) )

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PshemekFLK

I can't reproduce your problem.

the columns added to Tooltips page are "Actual" and "Plan" columns, right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Correct. "Actual" and "Plan" are used in the tooltip. Both fields are from different tables connected by relationship. Again, the most confusing thing about this is that if I add another field to the table the tooltip starts to work on grand total. My feeling is that it has something to do with the dax formula for "Gap to Plan" but not sure. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Hi @v-juanli-msft

Below you can download a simple report with the problem described above: tooltip not working for total

https://ufile.io/b4qji

Can you look into it to see where it go wrong?

Thanks

Hi @PshemekFLK

Please check the right table, it is a table visual instead of a matrix visual as the left one.

This table show the same as your matrix, and it can show tooltip page correctly for the total.

Best reagrds

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft

The tooltip in the table in your file is visible but it's showing the wrong numbers (Category 56 instead of Total)

PBI tooltip.jpg

Thanks,

Przemek

Can anyone help with the problem? It's a small thing but the tooltip on the total is really needed in the report

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.