Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Custom tooltip in matrix or table column header

Hello community, I've been thinking about how to put a description for a few days, explaining the meaning of each column of a table or matrix.

If I activate the Tooltip, I

The name of the

column, and that doesn't work for me.

I tried an image next to it, or

cun uma forma, but it is not worth it because the table has scroll and the image is still when I do scrol to right or left

Does anyone come up with an idea or know how to put a personalized explanation to a header?

Thanks in advance and greetings.

4 REPLIES 4
atgeraci01
Regular Visitor

There is an idea/request posted in Fabric Ideas to resolve this Tool tip for Specific Column in matrix/Table.

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Understood. I wish Power BI had more option for this.

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Maybe you create a seperate page with all of the definitions and set it up to be a page tooltip on the matrix.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Thanks for answering, that way I know it, and I'm using it to give other data.

What you need, was that it was independent for each column header, to be able to give explanation / translation of each column, but thank you very much, for bothering to answer 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.