Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Custom slicer

Výstřižek.PNG

Hi I found this slicer, Is it custom vizual?

8 REPLIES 8
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes u r correct , It is custom visual . which u r import that is called custom visual.

Try to avoid custom visual due to performance issue .

@Baskar Just curious about you rcomment that custom visuals will have performance issue. Can you elaborate more on this or provide some more information why there will be performance impact with custom visuals. Thanks!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@parry2k

ya sure, We have created Dashboard with Custom visuals data is little bit more not that much of data.

When trying to open in Services some custom visuals are taking too much of time to load , some times it's can't load.

so we had call with Power BI Development team , they are recommended remove and try to load report . then it should work at all time even loading speed also good.

As my practical experience i said  Don't go with custom visuals. Some custom visuals may be good, but its hard to find .

@Baskar Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to know. If that is the case there should be some sort of code coverage on custom visuals before someone use it, it will help that performance is not degraded because of poorly written custom visual. I'm sure there are other ways to handle it but I think some sort of code coverage is much.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

I think it is chicklet slicer, custom visual. 

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/ChicletSlicer1448559807354

More info on chicklet slicer 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-chiclet-slicer/

Hope it is helpful.

Thanks,

P

Thanks,  I think it is.

url 

http://azurewebsiteexperience.azurewebsites.net/dashboard/FleetSummary

My goal is to discover how to create my own butttons , not just prepared gallery.

I noticed that buttons wre modified from standard form.

@pstanek

That slicer in the solution template should be a custom visual. You can create a custom visual with the custom visual developer tools

Regards,

@pstanek Without knowing the source and how it works, I would guess it is either a custom visual designed specifically like this. Or, it could be a combination of a couple existing slicers with possible overlay.

The top search could be a default slicer with only the search bar showing, and the bottom portion could be a chiclet slicer. I haven't see the full rounded circles as an option in chiclet, but that could be the image, or maybe an overlayed shape on top to make all the selections fully rounded.

- just guessing.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.