Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom shorting

Hello,

I was wonering how to use customize short for below graph in powerBi -

alpha_123_2-1620291078559.png

I want in below order -

hire     24

onboarding  11

change job 17

termination 25

Can anyone help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create a new sort table by your customize sort:

Capture3.PNG

Create a one to many relationship between sort table and fact table or you can use the following measure:

measure = Calculate([Your original measure], treatas(values(sort[status]),table[status]))

Then use the new column in the sort table as x-axis and  the measure for the values.

Please refer to the pbix file. and you can also refer to https://radacad.com/sort-a-column-with-a-custom-order-in-power-bi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create a new sort table by your customize sort:

Capture3.PNG

Create a one to many relationship between sort table and fact table or you can use the following measure:

measure = Calculate([Your original measure], treatas(values(sort[status]),table[status]))

Then use the new column in the sort table as x-axis and  the measure for the values.

Please refer to the pbix file. and you can also refer to https://radacad.com/sort-a-column-with-a-custom-order-in-power-bi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

I suggest having one more column that shows the index number for hire - 1  /   onboarding - 2  /  Change job - 3  /  termination - 4 . Then you can sort by index number.

Thanks.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jihwan_Kim Can you show me one example?

Hi, @Anonymous 

Thank you for your feedback.

I am not sure whether my sample suits your case or not.

Please check the below picture and the very short video (Link down below).

The column has to be together with the index column.

Picture9.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lh5nbfdo1jwm51/Presentation3.mp4?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.