Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

738o51
Helper II
Helper II

Custom rolling average formula help

Hi Power BI community,

I am having an impossible time creating a measure I need.

The goal is to create a rolling average of customer volume with these parameters:

- Numerator = number of customers who came into the store during the last 5 open days (excludes customers who came in on closed days)

- Denominator = number of days that I had customer volume during the last 5 open days (excludes days with customer volume if the store was closed)

Using this, I want to create a rolling average accross my three stores. This rolling average should be calculated for each store and then added together. In other words, the sum of each store's rolling average should equal the sum of the stores' rolling averages.

Finally, I need these in a measure format, because I will begin to add filters to my customer volume measure (age, gender, loyalty program member, etc).

I've created an excel file that captures the rolling average line and a Power BI that has the data.

Can anyone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks! This is helpful in validating my logic for some other measures, but unfortunately it doesn't help with my rolling average problem (at least that I can see).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.