Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom report display unit formation with json

Hi,

The following formatting from the desktop is not appropriate for my client:
Billion -> bn

I would like to change bn to Mds.

After reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-report-themes on how to bring custom theme to power bi I have noticed that it could maybe be changed in the json.

Could someone help me on this ?

Kind regards,

Mohammad PATEL

3 REPLIES 3
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous, 

You mean to say that you want to change the data from being displayed in Billions to Millions??

If so, you can do it using data labels. json is not necessarily required for this. The Using of json file is required, if you are looking for some format, which is not implicitly available in power bi.

Below is the screenshot of Data Label properties

converttype.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thejeswar,

The problem with that, the unit for billion is bn, i want to customize it from bn to Mds.

That is why I would like to know if it is possible to do it with json.

@Anonymous,

I am afraid that it is not possible to custom report display units from billion to Mds. Only existing display unit(None, thousands, millions, billions,Trillions) are supported in the report theme.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.