Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom filtering by dimension

Hello Wonderful Community,

I have a functionality question that maybe some of you know the answer to.

I have a dataset with an (index) set of days that go from 0 to 250 for each location.  The index restarts at 0 for each location. Is it possible to have a custom filter where I can select which index number I want per location? because if I filter out e.g day 90 then it goes away for all locations. 

Something like

CA 1,23,50,54

TX 9,85,230,250

and so on? and show as matrix or table?

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

We also need a sample data table, not just the visuals. The best way is provide a sample pbix.

Read this post to describe your sample:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Paul

Spoiler

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I expect it is possible in the query editor, but please provide an example of your input table and what the output table should look like.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Well I was thinking more from a visual stand point as this is a for the end report user. So doing it from power query will require parameters which will be complicated for the user to use once published in the service.

But basically 

Visual filter where I could say for TX give me these numbers and for CA these numbers display the data accordingly

Filters: 

Select Days In        Select Days out

TX

Pick Days (

CA

Pick Days

Visual matrix

CA

Day In Day out Price

30      200          10

45      170          25

15       244         5

TX

Day in Day out  Price

44        125         7

20         75          12

22         250         6

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.