Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom filter to match custom measure results on visuals and page

Hello All, 

I am facing a scenario and I am not sure this is one I can figure out (total newb to the Power BI world).

What I am facing is that I am creating a report, and on each page of the report, I have a card with a specific number. In the case of the example I am showing below, it is "Virally Suppressed Total" and the number shown is 1262.

This is how I got that number.

Virally Suppressed Total = SUM('June-Demographics'[Viral Suppression Numeric])

The specific visual you see will be Age Groups. With this visual, all I did was use the column that is titled age group and instead of using the total values in the age group column, I used the "Virally Suppressed Total" calulcation showed above, and put that in the values so that the age group value would match the card value. 

Here is where I find the issue, if you look at the filter for age group, it is basing off of the total patients in the dataset, and that is equal to 1370.

My question is, how can I make a custom filter to use that will match the 1262  and the rest of the values on the page?

I realize I could just use slicers, but my users really dont want slicers on the main page of the report and really like how the filters are off to the side when I share everything through our appspace. 

All the help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

-Cody

Ctalley13_1-1625678538114.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.