Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

YasminYas
Helper I
Helper I

Custom column for date and counts

I have 4 date columns along with ID Column
completed date

assigned date
approved date
Originated date
I want to create a Calcluated column for Date in which if i filter the date i need to get the count for Done status 
and i need to get count for Idea , To Do, Doing irrespective of date entered in the date filter(Which means Idea, To do and Doing status will be considered as Open status and Done status will be considered as Close status So i want calculate count for Id's which are in Done based on Date Filter and  count for  Idea,To do and Doing status without considering the from date from the Date filter)

and the counts should be shown in card visual

Please help me out how to calculate Filter column and Counts 

Engineering.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YasminYas , I have an idea of how to do this.  Can you provide a screenshot of what the result should look like? 

There will be a certain date in mind for the current filter context, and we need to manipulate the table to provide the right values each time.  

I want to ensure I have the correct value in mind as I build the DAX statement.

Best,

~ Chris

Hello Chris
I am attaching sample Pbix file.
So i have created new date column but not giving correct values according to my requirement.
For D1 distict i have To Do count which has 1/04/2019  but when i change the new date filter from 01/28/2019 to till date iam not getting To do count as 1 I undestad that since it is not falling in that date range it is not showing but my end result should be it has to show count because it is in Open status 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/400tl3smdf35t31/Test.pbix?dl=0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.