Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

banthorpe
Helper I
Helper I

Custom axis limits on TIMEVALUE data

have a stacked bar chart which uses a DAX calculater TIMEVALUE as the x-axis as follows:

StartTimeValue = TIMEVALUE(Meetings[localStartDate])

I have gone into Modelling and set the format of the data to TIME and using format of HH:mm:ss. If I look at the actual data it is displayed correctly.

However, depending on the filters I choose, the x-axis of the stacked bar chart changes based on the distribution of the data. I want to fix the x-axis to a 24-hour period: 00:00:00 -> 23:59:59. If I enter 00:00:00 in the Start box of the X-axis it goes red and is not accepted.

Any ideas on how to do this? What is it actually expecting in that field?

Thanks, Dave

time axis.gif

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@banthorpe

After my test, the result is negative values indeed.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
banthorpe
Helper I
Helper I

Interestingly if I set the format to date/time it shows the data as 30/12/1899 HH:mm:ss. Why such a wierd date?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.