Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stringer
Regular Visitor

Custom Visuals - Mass Import

Is there anyway to mass upload the visualizations form the 'Visuals Gallery' to the desktop client, rather than importing each visual.

Also, how do you get to import thiese visuals to stay on the desktop client? Everytime I seem to open up or work on a new file, I need to upload visuals again?

Would be good to have these installed (which can be deleted) from the master software.

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK Great.

Thanks for all the ideas and reference links.

I didn't realise it was solely based on the file and not the application.

Thanks.

I will get to the reviews shortly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GuidoLenzi

PowerBI was made to bother the developer. Why the developer need to import each on the the visuals? This subject has already been raised 3 years ago and nobody did nothing. PowerBi developers who provide the solution just dont have any consideration. Do they stop to use the solution they provide?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Stringer,

Some ideas about importing all custom visuals and retaining custom visuals in Power BI Desktop have been submitted in the following links, please vote them up.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16301653-option-to-import-all-cus...
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15638169-custom-visuals-enabled-e...
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13697844-retaining-imported-custo...

Moreover, based on Tzvi’s response in this idea, the feature that import custom visuals into Power BI only once is on roadmap, keep one eye on this idea about concrete timeline.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK Great.

Thanks for all the ideas and reference links.

I didn't realise it was solely based on the file and not the application.

Thanks.

I will get to the reviews shortly.

BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Stringer

the visuals are not stored in the client but in the actual PBIX file. That is the reason why you need to import them into every new file you create.

Like @Anonymous mentioned, create a template with all the visuals you need and use a copy of it once you want to start a new project.

HTH,

frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you can do it as a one off and save it as a template? Then for any future dasboard you can use that template?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.