Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Visuals Broken?

So I've been struggling with this for a few weeks, but now I can't even get a custom visualization to behave, so I'm fed up and wanted to reach out for a solution.  Here's the problem.  By the way I've tried starting from fresh on a new report, and still experience the same problems.

Around 2 months ago, custom visuals started misbehaving in the "Format" window.  It was mostly just an annoyance; the main area was when setting colors of various things, I'd choose the color for the option, and it would "jump" to a different color.  Green would turn to grey, etc.  The only way to override it was to use HTML to override the color.

Today, I was trying to edit a MAQ Gantt visual.  When I drop in my Category and my Start & End dates, the visualization shows up, but doesn't display the time as a bar.  Just little blips on either end of a non-existant bar.  When I add sub-tasks under Category, the whole visual disappears (except the timeline).  When I go to the Format window and try to turn "Category" on/off, it immediately reverts back to "on".  When I try to change any other option in Format, it jumps back to where it was originally.

This is really aggrevating and I am under a lot of pressure here.  I've tried doing a new report, I've tried downloading an update of the custom visual, etc.

I want to note... this is NOT JUST the MAQ Gantt visual.  These problems are with ANY custom visual.

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous,

We were not able to reproduce the issue.
If 'null' values are present in Category it is represented as 'N/A' in the visual.
If 'null' values are present in field dragged in legend, a datapoint is shown for the 'null' value but a blank label.

The visual does not break in any of these cases.

2018-12-07 16_39_54.png

For any queries, we request you to contact us on support@maqsoftware.com.

Thanks.

coleenjack

I face the same issue while trying to create an export report for leogreen with data from my workflow charts. I tried all updates - they simply don't work. Probably they need some time to fix it? Did you get an answer from team?

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Kindly update your Power BI desktop to the latest version and try again.

Reagrds,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm already running on the November 21 release.

I figured out the second part of my problem; it's a problem with the MAQ Gantt chart visualization.  If there is a "blank" in a column in the Category field, then it kicks out the whole visualization.  I had to add filters to remove null value rows, and it loaded, but the problem is that kills the schedule and removes whole lines.

That doesn't fix the color/setting flip-flop issue.

Hi @Anonymous,

Again, I cannoy reproduce your issue here. You can create a support ticket for help here.

Capture.PNGSupport Ticket.gif

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've submitted a ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.