Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

harshb_141195
Frequent Visitor

Custom Visual not working

I updated my Power BI Desktop to the latest version and hour ago. And since then, the Custom Visual in my report has not been working. Everytime I select the visual, I am asked to sign-in. And the visual is loaded only when I am signing in which I can't use for my official work purpose. It is a step back if this update mandates us to sign-in in order to use the custom visual.

Please help me out if there is any other way in which I can use the custom visuals in the new update without signing-in.

5 REPLIES 5
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harshb_141195

Based on my test,when you are using custom visual,you need  first to grant permission to use the product as shown below:

Annotation 2020-06-03 165811.png

It is the reason why you need to sign in when you wanna use the custom visual.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@v-kelly-msft Thank you for the effort. Just one thing, how did you get that Permission Dialog Box? Also if this permission is to be given in app source, that I have already done it. And no issues were there prior to the latest update.

Also do I need to Sign-in for the Custom Visual to work or not? 

Hi @harshb_141195

When you directly get custom visual from appsource,you will find the Permission Dialog Box.

Here is the link:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA200001407?tab=Overview

When you use the custom visual,you need to sign-in to grant permission.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@harshb_141195 I have seen other reports this as well , seems like there is a change, I will test it and let you know.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k If possible, can you also check if there is any particular reason that everytime I change the Page or add a Page, it keeps asking to Sign-in. Which adds more constarints to the user.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.