Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Visual not Updating (Smart Filter by OKViz)

I have the OKViz Smart Filter custom visual in a bunch of reports. It is currently sitting at version 1.2.5, which is known to have had an issue (I think it broke with one of the Power BI updates), and the latest version is 1.2.8, so I was going to try update to it. I did the following:

• Right click on the icon for this visual under Visualisations and choose About
  • Check the version, its 1.2.5, current is 1.2.8 (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380859?tab=Overview)
  • Selected the 3 dots under Visualisations
  • Selected Import from marketplace (I also tried Import from file)
  • Typed smart in the search box and hit enter to filter results
  • Clicked the Add button next to Smart Filter by OKViz
  • I get a message "Visual already exists This report already contains a copy of this visual. Do you want to update it?" with options of Update and Cancel
  • I choose Update
  • I get a message "Import custom visual The visual was successfully imported into this report." So I click OK
  • I right click on the visual button under Visualizations and choose About
  • Version stilll says 1.2.5

Why is it not updating?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

a9.PNGa10.PNG

The problem is that the 1.2.8.0 version has not been synchronized to PBI Desktop, so we can't use the latest version through the update method.

If you are really anxious to use the latest version, maybe you can try to import from local and recreate a new one.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As tested, the problem does exist and I have submitted it. I will reply to you after receiving the notice.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

c7.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lionel-msft ,

Thats strange! According to https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380859?tab=Overview it is already in prod! What version is currently in prod? Because we have 1.2.5, so Im guessing it should at least be 1.2.7 in prod and it should update to that one.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi @Anonymous ,

a9.PNGa10.PNG

The problem is that the 1.2.8.0 version has not been synchronized to PBI Desktop, so we can't use the latest version through the update method.

If you are really anxious to use the latest version, maybe you can try to import from local and recreate a new one.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lionel-msft wrote:

OK, but we are sitting at 1.2.5, so when I tell it to update, why is it not updating to 1.2.6 or 1.2.7? The issue we are looking at was fixed a while ago and has been in the past few releases I believe.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your problem been solved? If yes, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to have all updated automatically at the release of the new version. Have accepted a solution now. Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is a custom visual, and we can't know its version iteration message. Currently, we can only find these two versions.

b1.PNG

I suggest you contact the official of this custom visual.

Support-OKVIZ 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps try removing the visual completely. Ellipses, remove a visual. Then import it again.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler wrote:

Perhaps try removing the visual completely. Ellipses, remove a visual. Then import it again.

But this visual is already used a bunch of times in reports, if I have to remove it and re-add it it will take ages to get everything back how it is meant to be. This should just update to the latest version!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.