Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

Custom Visual Image Not Loading While Behind Proxy

Hi,

I am currently working with a custom visual that is using a link to an image in order to show it on the custom visual. The visual works perfectly fine on PowerBI online and works on Desktop when I am not on my works network. The issue is that while I am on my works network, the image won't load, causing the visual not to function as expected. Other visuals needing the internet function as expected and this visual is able to load the svg shape of the visual from the internet, but loading the image itself doesn't function. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonathanPesce 

It seems a proxy setup problem.

Please refer to the similar thread.

Custom VIsuals not working

Desktop Custom Visuals not importing

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonathanPesce 

It seems a proxy setup problem.

Please refer to the similar thread.

Custom VIsuals not working

Desktop Custom Visuals not importing

Best Regards
Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

Thanks for the help, but that was unable to fix my issues. I am able to import the custom visual and all other custom visuals are functionning for me. Even this one, it is the retrieval of an Image that is not working, as you can see in the screenshot I provided that the shape of the image is able to be retrieved through the internet. This is confusing me since part of the visualization is working as expected, with only the retrieval of the image not working. I was wondering if their is a way to debug on Power BI Desktop, allowing me to see what is happening better.

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan Pesce

Hi @JonathanPesce 

Where do you store the image?

Does your work network block the communication with the web site where the image is stored?

Best Regards
Maggie

Hi Maggie,

The images are gathered from anywhere on the internet. The issue I was facing just resolved itself on it's own. I am not sure what fixed the issue or what exactly happened. I know my company doesn't block the site because I can access it through the web and it functions on powerbi.com. It was bizzare to me why the images weren't loading as an image, when I would use the same URL to load the image as an SVG. Either way, it was probably something to do with the network, but it is working as expected now. 

Thanks again for all the help, sorry it ended up being a useless problem,

Have a good one,

Jonathan Pesce

Edit:

I will accept the proxy as being the solution, since it is the only logical thing that would have been blocking the calls.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.