Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KiranPradhan
Frequent Visitor

Custom Visual Errors

After updating to the newest version of Power BI. I have an issue with Custom Visuals. When I import a new visual,  it does not pop up any error. But after importing, I do not see any visual in the tray.

If I try to reimport, it says, the visual already exists and askes for update. If I say yes, even then I cannot see any visual.

This has been happening since last July 2016 update. Nothing solved in Aug 2016 update.

Anyone else having same issue?

6 REPLIES 6
GreyWolf27
Frequent Visitor

I'm having a similar issue. Was this ever resolved?

Jon_Woosley

I'm having the same issue with the Box and Whisker (Jan Pieter) Visualization.  The other custom visuals that I have downloaded seem to work just fine.

KiranPradhan
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I face the error with all the Visuals.

It is not specific to me, whoever updated the version in my team. Everyone is having same issue.

If I roll back the version using a older set up file, the custom visuals work. But nothing working with the updated version. I have mailed the issue to Microsoft long ago, no response on that yet.

Regards

Kiran

Hi @KiranPradhan,

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please describe detailed steps that how you import custom visual and post a screenshot about your scenario? I also found a similar issue in this thread , which is caused by https communication.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @KiranPradhan@v-yuezhe-msft,

I am having the same issue on one of my computers.

Both have the latest Power BI Desktop 64-bit version installed, but on one computer, when a visual is imported, it is not visible in the tray.

I have Sent a Frown already and received a response that others are having the same issue and they are working on a fix.

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KiranPradhan,

Do you encounter the issue when importing a specific custom visual or all the custom visuals? I am trying to import Gantt chart and Circular Gauge into the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.37.4464.361), everything works well.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.