Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raulnmsantoro

Custom Visual - Card Browser

Hello friends. Good night.

I recently installed the visual Card Browser. I was able to use all the features available on it, however, the "Title Image (URL)" field does not work, except for images hosted on the Internet.

The image files I need to work on are on our corporate network and even though we provide the full server path, the images are not displayed. A blank space is created, but without an image.

In other visuals, for example Image Grid, they work perfectly.

Can anyone help me or bring a light to this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Icey Thanks for idea. In the first message I mentioned that the photos, which are in a local folder, work in other visuals. So, the problem is not with permission. I've been reading on the Internet, but I don't know if it's true, the respective look (Card Browser) doesn't work with photos in local folders. If that is true, it is extremely disappointing. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raulnmsantoro ,

Maybe pictures need to be publicly visible to be rendered by Power BI. Please check if your company has some strict polices such as "Files are only allowed to be viewed internally".

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Icey Thanks for idea. In the first message I mentioned that the photos, which are in a local folder, work in other visuals. So, the problem is not with permission. I've been reading on the Internet, but I don't know if it's true, the respective look (Card Browser) doesn't work with photos in local folders. If that is true, it is extremely disappointing. 🙂

I agree with raulnmsantoro that it is disappointing if it is true that the developers chose only to make openly-published images available in the card browser tool. This is a privacy issue, pure and simple. I'm trying to create an internal report with images of individuals. We do not have their permission to publish their photographs to the web. It should be possible to call up images from our protected datasources, just as we can in Powerapps. 
Are there any workarounds or other tools available in Power BI that respect image privacy?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raulnmsantoro , Is this image is on dropbox or google drive. Those images do not get displayed sometimes.

The way to check is that, open the image URL on incognito/private mode. It should not show any pop-up.  Right-click on that image and copy image url. Is it the same as the one you have given. If not this is the temporary url for the image. You can test with that.

But this a temporary url. You need check you host for public image hosting

@amitchandak 

Thanks for the answer. But as I said, the image is not on the Internet.

I have a folder on the company's corporate network.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.