Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mvanwyns
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom Timeline Visual Resize

Hi

I've been using Power BI since a couple of weeks.  I find the Timeline Visual very useful but i feel it is huge.

When adding it to a dashboard it takes 25% of my screen.

Is there a way to shrink it somehow and still be able to use it function?

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mvanwyns,

You can resize the Timeline visual, if the date bar is wider than the visual width, the horizontal scroll bar will generate automatically for us to drag horizontally to select different date ranges. It will not affect we use the TimeLine slicer. You can see:

large.png

In your scenario, what's your concern about the TimeLine slicer? Would you please provide more information to indicate the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I understand you can shrink the box, but the visual itself stays the same size and so you hide half of your visual.  Idealy you would want to scale down the visual when you shrink the box.  A scroll bar makes it cumbersome to use.

It would be nice if we could choose to scale down or make use af a scroll bar

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I am having the same issue. The timeline is jumbo sized and takes up too much space as a visual. It would be great to shrink the size without messing with the integrity of the visual.  Now I am just shrinking my other visuals to make everything fit, the report looks odd because of this though.

Hi!

for my reports I use two slicers together: "jumbo" TimeLine and regular BPI slicer with Time scale for rough choice like this:

TimeLine+.png

May be it help somewhere.

Best regs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.