Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mm808
Regular Visitor

Custom Slicer for visuals other than table

Hi all,

I've been working on making a custom slicer in a dashboard I'm making in order to group by collections of countries. I've followed the steps in the below guide to make a slicer that works for a table with a specific measure included, but I can't see how to apply it to any other visual.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Once-Slicer-for-multiple-columns/m-p/407949

As you can see below, clicking values on the slicer updates the table but doesn't affect the graph. How can I make it so that the slicer changes all the visuals on a page? I've tried using my custom measure as a filter but that doesn't work.

mm808_0-1670947987921.png

mm808_1-1670948006391.png

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak 

Could you please elaborate on how I'd apply this to my particular case? I tried setting up a parameter from my group selection table, but the slicer that was built from that didn't do anything to the rest of my visuals. Since the country groups in my selections have overlap, it's not possible for me to express them in one column and so I can't set up a functioning slicer that can handle multi-select the way I want it to. 

If you could provide a more specific guide, that would be very useful.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.