Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulKeijzers
Frequent Visitor

Custom RESTful API Paging - PowerBI making multiple requests to the same page starting at 500???

Hi guys,

found this great topic https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Custom-RESTful-API-Paging-PowerBI-making-multiple-requests-... which i used to create my own query.

It is almost perfect. but somehow it starts at 500 instead of 1 hope somebody can help me.

the code i have looks like this:

GetPage = (pageId) => let
		Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://xx.sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?querytext='SPSiteURL:https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxx+-Filename:.aspx+-RefinableString11:Folder+(RefinableString51:a*+OR+RefinableString51:b*+OR+RefinableString51:c*+OR+RefinableString51:d*+OR+RefinableString51:e*+OR+RefinableString51:f*+OR+RefinableString51:g*+OR+RefinableString51:h*+OR+RefinableString51:i*+OR+RefinableString51:j*+OR+RefinableString51:k*+OR+RefinableString51:l*+OR+RefinableString51:m*+OR+RefinableString51:n*+OR+RefinableString51:o*+OR+RefinableString51:p*+OR+RefinableString51:q*+OR+RefinableString51:r*+OR+RefinableString51:s*+OR+RefinableString51:t*+OR+RefinableString51:u*+OR+RefinableString51:v*+OR+RefinableString51:w*+OR+RefinableString51:x*+OR+RefinableString51:y*+OR+RefinableString51:z*+OR+RefinableString51:1*+OR+RefinableString51:2*+OR+RefinableString51:3*+OR+RefinableString51:4*+OR+RefinableString51:5*+OR+RefinableString51:6*+OR+RefinableString51:7*+OR+RefinableString51:8*+OR+RefinableString51:9*+OR+RefinableString51:0*)'&trimduplicates=false&rowlimit=500&selectproperties='Title%2cRefinableString50%2cRefinableString51%2cRefinableString52%2cRefinableString53%2cRefinableString54%2cRefinableString55%2cRefinableString56%2cRefinableString57%2cRefinableString58%2cRefinableString59%2cRefinableDate10%2cRefinableDate11%2cRefinableString60%2cRefinableString61%2cRefinableString62%2cRefinableString63%2cRefinableString64%2cRefinableString65%2cRefinableString11%2cFilename%2cModifiedBy%2cLastModifiedTime%2cCreatedBy%2cCreated%2cCreatedOWSDATE%2cDocId'&startrow=" & Text.From( pageId*500),[Headers=[#"Accept"="application/json"]])),
    PrimaryQueryResult = Source[PrimaryQueryResult],
    RelevantResults = PrimaryQueryResult[RelevantResults],
    Table = RelevantResults[Table],
    Rows = Table[Rows],
     AllRows = List.Transform(Rows, each _[Cells]),
    RowsToTables = List.Transform(AllRows, each List.Transform(_, each Record.ToTable(_))),
    SkelToList = List.Transform(RowsToTables, each Table.FromList(_, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error)),
    CleanRows = List.Transform(SkelToList, each List.Transform(_[Column1], each Table.PromoteHeaders(Table.RemoveLastN( Table.RemoveColumns( _,{"Name"}), 1)  )  )  ),
    TransposeTable = Table.FromRows(List.Transform(CleanRows, each List.Transform(_, each Record.FieldValues(_{0}){0} ))),
    ColumnRenames = List.Transform(CleanRows{0}, each { "Column" & Text.From( List.PositionOf(CleanRows{0}, _) + 1), Table.ColumnNames(_){0}}),

RenamedTable = Table.RenameColumns(TransposeTable, ColumnRenames)

in
		#"RenamedTable",

Pages = {1..NumberOfPages},
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Pages, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Custom", each GetPage([Column1])),
    #"Expanded Custom1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Added Custom", "Custom", {"Rank", "DocId", "Title", "RefinableString50", "RefinableString51", "RefinableString52", "RefinableString53", "RefinableString54", "RefinableString55", "RefinableString56", "RefinableString57", "RefinableString58", "RefinableString59", "RefinableDate10", "RefinableDate11", "RefinableString60", "RefinableString61", "RefinableString62", "RefinableString63", "RefinableString64", "RefinableString65", "RefinableString11", "Filename", "ModifiedBy", "LastModifiedTime", "CreatedBy", "Created", "CreatedOWSDATE", "PartitionId", "UrlZone", "Culture", "ResultTypeId", "RenderTemplateId"}, {"Custom.Rank", "Custom.DocId", "Custom.Title", "Custom.RefinableString50", "Custom.RefinableString51", "Custom.RefinableString52", "Custom.RefinableString53", "Custom.RefinableString54", "Custom.RefinableString55", "Custom.RefinableString56", "Custom.RefinableString57", "Custom.RefinableString58", "Custom.RefinableString59", "Custom.RefinableDate10", "Custom.RefinableDate11", "Custom.RefinableString60", "Custom.RefinableString61", "Custom.RefinableString62", "Custom.RefinableString63", "Custom.RefinableString64", "Custom.RefinableString65", "Custom.RefinableString11", "Custom.Filename", "Custom.ModifiedBy", "Custom.LastModifiedTime", "Custom.CreatedBy", "Custom.Created", "Custom.CreatedOWSDATE", "Custom.PartitionId", "Custom.UrlZone", "Custom.Culture", "Custom.ResultTypeId", "Custom.RenderTemplateId"}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Custom1",{"Column1"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Removed Columns",{{"Custom.DocId", Order.Ascending}}),

at the end of the url i have a parameter startrow= pageid *500. as it loops it starts at 500,1000 ,1500, 2000, 2500 etc.

it should start at 1 or 0 and then up with 500.

hope somebody can help

thanks in advance.

kr,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@PaulKeijzers

How about the result if you change the end of the url from “startrow= pageid *500” to “startrow= pageid”?

Best Regards,

Herbert

But i need to iterated it found  solution for the iteration lets see if that works..

@PaulKeijzers

Have you found the solution for the iteration and whether it works?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

not yet posted a seperate thread for the itteration but it is not coming together yet.

kr,

Paul

@PaulKeijzers

It seems that you've solved your problem in a seperate thread. If possible, you can copy and paste the right solution in this thread.

Best Regards,

Herbert

PaulKeijzers
Frequent Visitor

somehow i have another issue with the part above as i can not schedule it in PowerBi Online.

i guess the problem is this:

GetPage = (pageId) => let

which looks like a function i think this is why i cannot schedule. the strange thing is i thought it was no function and it worked before..

Well hope somebody has a solution/work arround.

kr,

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.