Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LauraBueno
Helper III
Helper III

Custom Matrix help

Hi,

I have created a Matrix in Power BI where I have a list of components as rows and different tests as columns, and I show the concentration values for each test and component as shown below, where the concentration values is a calculated measure.

LauraBueno_0-1611655687743.png

I would like now to add an extra variable to the table to show max_concentration (this variable is a column) but when I add it is shows the values per test, but I would like to have it only appearing once since it doesn't depend on the test, it will always be the same. Any idea how to achieve that?

LauraBueno_1-1611655864209.png

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@LauraBueno 

I don't know what your data structure is, but based on the screen I can see that the test names are in one column. You can pivot this column, set test values as value. This will give you Test1, Test2, Test3 columns.

Source: 

lkalawski_0-1611667218229.png

Pivot:

lkalawski_1-1611667279257.png

New structure:

lkalawski_2-1611667307212.png

This structure will allow you to add these columns to the Values field in the Matrix settings and the Higher column will occur only once.

The result:

lkalawski_3-1611667348394.png

Proud to be a Super User.
If I helped, please accept the solution and give kudos
LinkedIN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@LauraBueno 

Please share the measure codes which you are using.

LinkedIN

Hi @lkalawski ,

Thank you for your message. I'm not using DAX code to build the matrix, just standard visualisation graph. Please see below. All variables used are columns with plain numbers (no code) except for the measure which is calculated to change units etc

LauraBueno_0-1611660230994.png

@LauraBueno 

I see that each of the variable has own higher value, so what do you want to have in the "higher" column? Max, Avg, Sum of all variables? 

If yes, then you can create a measures and use All([table]). 

Example: 

Calculate(Sum(table[Name]), All(table[Name]))

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png Proud to be a Super User.
LinkedIN

Hi @lkalawski ,

I would like the column 'higher' to appear only once in the table vs per variable since the values are the same always.

thanks

Laura

@LauraBueno 

I don't know what your data structure is, but based on the screen I can see that the test names are in one column. You can pivot this column, set test values as value. This will give you Test1, Test2, Test3 columns.

Source: 

lkalawski_0-1611667218229.png

Pivot:

lkalawski_1-1611667279257.png

New structure:

lkalawski_2-1611667307212.png

This structure will allow you to add these columns to the Values field in the Matrix settings and the Higher column will occur only once.

The result:

lkalawski_3-1611667348394.png

LinkedIN

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.