Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

Custom Jira Dashbaord - recursive selection of data

Not sure how to solve this one, but sure there is a way.  I've got two tables JiraHdr and JiraLink.  I need to find how many children a issue has, and how many of those children are in "Done" status.

Hdr

dude95_0-1595813770949.png

Link

dude95_2-1595813870205.png

My challenge is that I need to go from the Hdr table to the link based on IssueID->SourceID in order to determine all of the children, then back to the Hdr based on the DestID->IssueID to check the status of the child record.

Anyone have a good ideas?

As long as I'm at it - just found another issue here.  How can I have a drilldown from a table of the Hdr to the children?  Both Source and Destination Issue ID keep me from having a proper relationship???? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I'm actually trying to get a count of the children with a certain status (DestID not SourceID).  Then that has to go back to the header to get the status - I only care about status "Done" for this particular count.

Relationships don't work because technically there is a relationship with both DestID and SourceID back to the header.  Putting one or the other done messes me up in other places because of ignoring the other side. 

View solution in original post

I've ended up creating a calculated column on the child to always populate the status of the destination from the issue header table.  Then I can do my counts.  Not sure this is elegant, but it gets the job done.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

I just dummied something up here just with the two tables I'm looking for.  The table on the first tab has a calculation for total number of children.  What I'm looking for is the second calculation that I've dummied up right now -> this is the total number of child tickets that are in status of "Done". 

Status is stored on HDR table, but links are children.  In the link table, Requirements are SourceID, children are DestID that both link to IssueID in HDR.

Hi @dude95 

If you create a relationship below, it is possible to show [DestId] and [IssueId] as below:

Is this what you want?

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm actually trying to get a count of the children with a certain status (DestID not SourceID).  Then that has to go back to the header to get the status - I only care about status "Done" for this particular count.

Relationships don't work because technically there is a relationship with both DestID and SourceID back to the header.  Putting one or the other done messes me up in other places because of ignoring the other side. 

I've ended up creating a calculated column on the child to always populate the status of the destination from the issue header table.  Then I can do my counts.  Not sure this is elegant, but it gets the job done.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dude95 , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.