Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Hierarchy Slicer from AppSource not working with June 2020 release

Hi,

The custom Hierarchy Slicer from AppSource (by Jan Pieter Posthuma) was broken with the June 2020 Power BI release. Switching to the new Slicer from Power BI seems to fix it, since there is now a supported hierarchy capability.

Sharing in case others experience the same.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mate,

This is now fixed by the developer I think,  working fine for me.

Nick.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone raised an issue for support or for the fix?

We need this to be fixed, as this slicer has an option to hide the empty leaves, which is not available with the inbuilt slicer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mate,

I know why this slicer is now broken.  If your hierarchy text has a comma "," then that node will not expand.  If you remove the comma from the text then the hierarchy works fine.  It is a huge job to change over from the custom hierarchy to the new inbuilt Power BI Slicer, I have 30 Power BI reports and each report have 7 to 8 pages so there is a lot of work there.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for sharing the useful points, and we will appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks for sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.