Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nate4321

Custom Filters for Tooltip Hover

Hi,

I have a column chart that displays spending for a set of work weeks. I'm trying to create a tool tip that creates a waterfall chart for the main changes in spending by category between the week I'm hovering over and the prior week (basically recreating what power bi does when you right click and select "explain this increase/decrease", but in a tooltip for the categories I want). 

The problem is that the hover is filtering my data for the week I'm hovering on, and then my tooltip only has one week in the filter (instead of 1week and the prior week). If I uncheck keep all filters on the tooltip page, then it doesn't use the hover filters at all. Is there a way to set so the hover filter includes prior week as well or a different solution to create this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @nate4321

You may try to create tooltips based on report pages.

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm still not sure how to adjust how the tooltip filters are applied based on the item I'm hovering over.

@nate4321 @v-lili6-msft 

Hello, same problem here

Have you figured this out?

Thanks!

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.